* Try to Keep at least a half of a horse length behind the rider ahead of you (this one is hard because horse like to walk right up on other horses).
* Ask or announce when you wish to pass.
* Be sure the rider you are passing is ready for you to go by.
* Always try to pass at a walk or slow trot. NO galloping please!
* Never gallop upon a group of riders or a single rider.
* Announce when you want to slow down or speed up so people will be prepared for a change in gait.
* Be aware of young or nervous horses and/riders.
* Offer assistance when needed.
* If trails are unmarked, please respect the ride leader, if you are riding in a group. Do not go on ahead there may be a turn off or a side trail. You may be lost for a long time.
* Please let someone know if the pace is too fast, or if you are having difficulties.
* Slow down the pace if you notice tiring horses. Not all mounts are in endurance shape.
* Use ribbons to let other riders know about special situations that require consideration.
* Please use a red ribbon on your horse's tail if it tends to kick.
* Use a green ribbon to signify a novice horse or rider.
* A blue ribbon should be used to denote a stallion.
Thanks and Happy Trails to all of you out there.